Find your voice.
Enter the conversation.
This website and my consulting company Fluency LLC are dedicated to the proposition that the beauty and power of humanity are best expressed through the diversity of languages and cultures. Here you’ll find podcast conversations with leaders in wide-ranging fields. Here you’ll find blogs and links to inspire you and open new paths of thought and action. Here you can connect with me for consulting work with your organization based on my years as an education leader, writer, Gallup Strengths coach, and retreat master.
Take a look. Find your voice. Enter the conversation.
It’s About Language
Episode 27 – From Reflection to Connection: A Conversation with Carmen Scoggins – It's About Language, with Norah Jones
- Episode 27 – From Reflection to Connection: A Conversation with Carmen Scoggins
- Episode 26 – What They Could Hear Was My Heart: A Conversation with Patrick Moynihan
- Episode 25 – Changing Perspectives on Language: A Conversation with Krista Chambless
- Episode 24 – Supporting Heritage Languages and Cultures: A Conversation with Joy Peyton
- Episode 23 You Are a Bridge to Inclusion: A Conversation with Ricky Adamson
Sharing this small meditative gem from Maya Angelou on the power of exposure to languages and cultures, so critical for our times.
It is critical that we reflect right now in our country’s life on the role and power of language and words on the behavior and beliefs of individuals and groups.
How much seasonal music have you heard, and how many season’s greetings have come your way? We’ll finish the year linking language and music!
Language grows out of life, out of its needs and experiences…Language and knowledge are indissolubly connected; they are interdependent.Annie Sullivan, U.S. teacher of the Deaf, 1886-1936