Norah Lulich Jones
As the daughter of a Croatian immigrant, I’ve used languages to connect with my family far and wide. The realization of the power of language and culture to form who we are, and what we perceive and believe, has energized and focused me from my earliest years. Studying and living languages and cultures have given me a career in education as a teacher, supervisor, and organization leader, and in world language educational publishing as an author, trainer, and director of professional development.
I provide workshops, presentations, and talks that inspire and engage through powerful language insights, and I pair those insights with practical applications for the lives of educators, learners, businesses, and faith-centered organizations. I’d love to share ideas with your organization or group. Please take a look at some of the topics and ideas I share on my Services page, and we can develop an event tailored to your objectives.
Through my life and through Fluency Consulting LLC, I’m dedicated to bringing hope to the world by helping people find their own voice, no matter the language. I look forward to connecting with you.
- Languages taught: Spanish, French, Russian, Latin, ESOL
- World Language Publishing: Vista Higher Learning, Cambridge University Press, Heinle & Heinle
- Contributing author of student & instructor materials: Vista Higher Learning, Pearson, Heinle & Heinle, Holt Rinehart & Winston
- Retreat master: language of faith; Aramaic prayer and teachings
- Foreign Language Association of Virginia (FLAVA); President 1999-2001, 2009-2011; Distinguished Service Award
- Southern Conference on Language Teaching (SCOLT); President 2008; Founder’s Award
- Joint National Committee for Languages-National Council for Languages and International Studies (JNCL-NCLIS); serving on Advocacy Committee
- National Association of District Supervisors of Foreign Languages (NADSFL)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Certified Gallup Strengths Coach
- M.Ed., Secondary Education, Lynchburg College, VA
- B.A., Modern European Studies, College of William and Mary, VA Magna cum laude. Phi Beta Kappa.
- Virginia Professional Educator Certification, with endorsements in English, English as a Second Language, Spanish, French, Russian, and History